Saturday 9 November 2013

Thanks so much

Less is More Challenge -   One Layer Cards - Thank You

Something new from me today. Trawling round blog land, I keep seeing the phrase "Emboss Resist Technique". Thanks to the wonders of Google and You Tube, I looked this up, then decided to use the technique for my Less Is More One Layer Thank You card. 

I stamped and clear heat embossed my image on to a white card blank. Using my Marina Mist Ink Spot, I sponged the ink over the entire card.  With a piece of kitchen roll I wiped the excess ink from the embossed image.

In keeping with the challenge I've used the phrase "Thanks So Much".

Having tried this technique, I'm really impressed with the result it gives. It's something I will definitely use again.


Products used:
Quint-Essential Flower stamp - Stampin' Up!
Marina Mist stampin' spot - Stampin' Up!
Watermark stamp pad - VersaMark
Tuxedo Black ink - Memento
Salutations - Paper Smooches
Clear Embossing Powder - Funstamps

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card. The blue is really beautiful and the white flower stands out well...I don't have the equipment for this kind of effect, but if I did, I'd definitely be trying it out. It's great!

    dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous first attempt at this great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is gorgeous Jackie and I love the intensity of colour you got using the emboss-resist technique. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had thought at first that you had embossed in white on a dark card stock, but the effect you got from the emboss resist looks amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete