Sunday 16 March 2014

Happy Birthday

Less is More Challenge -  Week 163 Theme MASKING OR STENCILLING


This challenge was going to prove interesting for me, as I don't actually have any stencils! So I decided to follow Chrissie's idea of using a punch to make my own stencil.

I have used my Flower Shop Punch to make a flower stencil. I love the soft subtle effect that you get from using chalks so decided to colour my stencil with them. I've used an embossing folder to create the front of my card.

 I had a panel of card that I positioned my stencil along and used two different coloured chalks.I hand cut round these flowers.  My third colour was darker and I cut these out using the Flower Punch and raised them up on 3D pads for a bit of extra dimension. I tucked a happy birthday banner in between my flowers.

This is the stencil I made and coloured over.

Products used:
Flower Shop Punch - Stampin' Up!
Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up!
Pearlescent Chalks - Pebbles Inc.
Happy Birthday Stamp - Docraft
Cardstock, Rhinestones from Stash

You may also like:
    

3 comments:

  1. very cute

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punches make perfect masks Jackie and what a pretty effect with the chalks! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely chalking Jackie!
    Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    (Guest commenter LIM)

    ReplyDelete